SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Online Ordering to the Rescue

• Online Ordering to the Rescue

Posted by deann-r on May 22, 2020 at 7:00 am

The perfect time for a television to conk out is in the middle of a pandemic.  In my defense I haven’t been watching that much more tv, rather my television is 10 years old.  That’s ancient in the electronics world isn’t it?  Preferably I’d like to shop for a television in person, but that’s not an option.  Originally I added one to my Walmart pickup order, but of course it sold out, so not included with my cupcakes and toothpaste (can you believe tp is still sold out?)  It worked out in my favor though because I found a better deal on a Fire TV edition through Amazon.  Because I’m a Prime member it was delivered to my door for free!

Previously I was using a Fire Cube to communicate by voice with my television.  Even though it wasn’t perfect I haven’t touched the actual remote in a couple years.  Now I can use the cube with the television at Mom’s house & use my Echo to control the new one.  Being the technology genius that I am, not, it did take a little effort to get the new TV up & working with voice controls.  For the life of me I couldn’t get Alexa to turn it on.  After contacting technical support they walked me through un-pairing the Echo from my old TV and pairing it with the new one.  I also learned it likes being called by it’s proper name Fire TV.  Who knew, I’m not the only one who doesn’t respond when people get my name wrong.

Even though I couldn’t get my television through the conventional route I managed.  Now as the world resumes operations I can binge Big Bang Theory and eat cupcakes without worrying about cavities.  Just hope toilet paper comes back into stock soon.

If you have questions on how the Fire TV works, please ask!  Can’t guarantee I’ll know the answer, but I’ll give it my best shot.

deann-r replied 3 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.