• Quarantine Catchup

Posted by deann-r on December 1, 2020 at 11:00 am

Yay! Home at last.  Since November 17th I’ve been in quarantine due to coming down with virus symptoms and subsequently testing positive.  Fortunately my case was mild and no one else I’ve had contact with, including Mom, has come down with it.  Although the caregiver I believe exposed me did test positive.  Everyone should be in the clear now.  To avoid exposing multiple caregivers Mom and I agreed to quarantine at her house.  Of course that limited access to reliable technology or the setups I’m used to for accessibility.  Despite that we managed to keep busy and not drive each other insane.  HBO’s free preview weekend helped.  Two thumbs up for Ford vs Ferrari.

Now I have some catching up to do.  While writing this I’ve been on hold for 15 minutes trying to reach costumer service.  I’ve got mail to sort and phone calls to return. Not to mention recordings and end of year business.  Plus I’m switching to Everysdi.  I’m about a month out from when my next Spinraza injection is due, so fingers crossed the transition goes well and the “Spinraza Slump” doesn’t hit me too hard before I start Everysdi.  Did I mention it’s almost Christmas?  Thankfully I’m an early bird shopper so I’ve almost got everyone covered.  Usually I make Christmas cards and put together some homemade gifts.  Maybe not this year.  One of my mottoes is, “Do what you can.”  I have to keep reminding myself of that.  I can only do so much, and I have to give myself a little grace.

How are you all doing?  Have you been able to escape illness?  Do you enjoy the holidays or do they stress you out? If they do, remember, do what you can.  Everything else can wait.

deann-r replied 3 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.