Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all having a great week.

Check out my latest column here. I wrote about the diversity and unity within the SMA community, and I tied this concept to our 31 Days of SMA initiative. People in this community have all kinds of stories to tell, and I love to hear them. It’s why I do what I do.

Do you have any takeaways from this column?

Ryan Berhar

It is quite interesting how differently everyone is affected. Every little thing varies from person to person. Even things that aren’t as noticeable like chewing and swallowing.

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

It fascinates me. On that note of chewing and swallowing, that’s one thing I’ve never really struggled with. But I know many people in the SMA community who do struggle in this area. It’s interesting.

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

“We may have the same neuromuscular condition as it’s described in medical journals, but the way that SMA affects us varies significantly from person to person.” This is true on so many levels! While we all live with the same condition and can relate to each other in ways that others just can’t, our individual stories and experiences are all completely unique! Even in extremely similar situations, we never fully experience things the same way.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account