SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube SMA Treatment Options Overview

• SMA Treatment Options Overview

Posted by deann-r on January 14, 2021 at 7:00 am

https://youtu.be/C4o5ro33lXI

Hey everyone! It’s amazing to think of how far we’ve come in regards to treatments for SMA within the past few years. In this video I thought I’d give you an overview of the available treatments from my perspective. Currently three are FDA approved including Spinraza, Zolgensma and Evrysdi. I’ll let you know how they work and compare costs. Knowing your options is important when you’re considering starting or switching treatments. If you have any questions please ask. I’m not a medical professional, but will do my best to answer them.

zicari replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • zicari

January 14, 2021 at 9:16 am

Thanks for a great summary of treatments, I’ve been looking for something like this!

A few years ago I opted out of getting Spinraza because one of my fusion rods was blocking the injection site and they said they would have to drill a hole in my spine. I said no thanks.

I’ll be consulting my neurologist soon about Evresdi. I’d like to see its efficacy in older adults.