SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Parents​ ​and​ ​Caregivers​ Speechless, ABC’s sweet family comedy about a teenager with cerebral palsy, has been renewed for a third season

• Speechless, ABC’s sweet family comedy about a teenager with cerebral palsy, has been renewed for a third season

Posted by sma-news-today-moderator on May 14, 2018 at 8:04 am

ABC’s ‘Speechless’, a sitcom about a family that includes a son with cerebral palsy who uses a wheelchair, was just renewed for a third season. The show has been applauded by people with disabilities and their allies for portraying life with a disability with humour and realism, and not as a tragedy.

You can read why patient columnist Kevin Schaefer thinks the show is important over at SMA News Today here: ‘Speechless’ Uses Humor to Say a Lot About Disabilities

Have you watched the show? What do you think of it? What are some other shows that do a good job of representing people living with disabilities?

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

May 14, 2018 at 11:52 am

I’m really pleased that this series has been greenlit for a third season. I encourage all of you to watch it if you haven’t already. It’s funny, accurate and the sentimental aspects don’t come across as overtly forced.

My hope is that we’ll get to see J.J. go to college eventually!

• adnan-hafizovic

May 15, 2018 at 11:01 am

If you say that series is good I ll try to watch.Then Ill tell my opinion about Speechless.

• kevin-schaefer

May 15, 2018 at 11:06 am

I think you’ll like it Adnan. I know it’s on Hulu, and I’m sure there are other sites you can find it on.