SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Spiffing Up For Jaco

• Spiffing Up For Jaco

Posted by deann-r on August 5, 2021 at 8:00 am

I’m pinching myself (not very hard because you know dexterity issues) as I await the delivery of my, yes my, Jaco Robotic Arm. UPS tracking says it’ll be here any minute now. Tomorrow is installation day. Since I didn’t actually believe it, I haven’t really prepared. Now I’m scrambling to clean house and spiff up my chair. I have a car cloth with microfiber nubbins that works pretty well to dust off the nooks & crannies. Any other tips or suggestions on cleaning? Between cusion cover changes I freshen up with Fabreeze. Otherwise the occasional Clorox wipe down is about it.

Although I still don’t love the chair I’m making it work. Even found a way to personalize it. I made my very own little stick family decal. Can you believe I actually found wheelchair stick people along with pets? It felt really good to be represented although I have to say there were many more personalization options in the able bodied versions. In the wheelchair version the options were kid or adult, male or female and glasses or no glasses. Despite the limited choices I had to go for it. How do you personalize your chair?

alyssa-silva replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

August 5, 2021 at 9:19 am

Ha! That stick figure decal is so cute! I definitely didn’t know they make them either. I don’t know why, but I’ve never really entertained the idea of personalizing my wheelchair. Does a purse count? Haha. I do have a Patriots pin on the back of my headrest now that I think of it. That’s about it though. Good luck with your JACO installation! Can’t wait to hear how it went.