• Spinraza Dose #7

Posted by deann-r on November 18, 2018 at 5:44 pm

Wow, time flies.  It was time for dose #7 already.  My injection went well even though the day was almost a disaster.  I take a MediVan about 2 hrs each way to get there & back.  Usually we (Mom & myself) get there insanely early.  Not this time.  About 45 minutes away the van broke down.  We sat at the repair shop juggling appointments while it was being repaired.  Thankfully all I had to do was move the physical therapy assessment to after the injection, but of course that put us in rush hour on the way home.  We left at 9 a.m. and got home just after 8 p.m.  What a long day!  Mom & I agree that van shouldn’t even have been on the road with almost 400,000 miles on it along with other issues.  But thank God we made it safe and sound.  Mom said if that van shows up next time she won’t come with.

The injection itself only took about 20 minutes.  Other than needing a little extra lidocaine when they were getting close and the typical zing to my toe it was pretty pain free.  No ill side effects either.  I’m thankful for that.  I even got in on the first day of Christmas band-aids (although I couldn’t see it on my side so it could’ve been Easter for all I know.)

If you have any questions about my Spinraza process please don’t hesitate to ask.  I’m a pretty open book about sharing my experiences.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • kevin-schaefer

November 19, 2018 at 12:35 pm

What a whirlwind! I’ve had plenty of similar experiences with our van breaking down, and it is a pain. Glad the injection itself went well though. I go back in January for my 7th.