SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube The Morale Monologue Episode 2

• The Morale Monologue Episode 2

Posted by michael-morale on June 6, 2018 at 4:18 pm

In the next week, the second video of the Morale Monologue will be available.  In this episode, I’m going to be introducing everybody to Scholar Rock, and their new drug, SRK-015.  Currently, Scholar Rock is going through a phase 1 clinical trial of their drug, and if successful, they plan on initiating a phase 2 clinical trial during the first quarter of 2019.  Scholar Rock is claiming that their drug has the potential to not only help build muscle mass, it potentially will have the ability to reverse some of the damage that has already occurred in those of us who suffer from SMA.

Scholar Rock still has to go all the way through the FDA approval process before their drug becomes an actual treatment.  Even though this may be a year or two before they get to the treatment stage, everyone with SMA should be excited about the potential that this drug could hold for each and every one of us.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • michael-morale

June 6, 2018 at 6:33 pm

Oops, I just realized I should’ve posted this here, sorry.

• kevin-schaefer

June 7, 2018 at 9:50 am

Thanks Michael. Yeah it’s exciting to see so many drugs in the pipeline. I’m looking forward to your video.