SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube The Morale Monologue Episode 3

• The Morale Monologue Episode 3

Posted by michael-morale on June 24, 2018 at 10:03 am

In my next episode of The Morale Monologue, I’m going to be introducing everybody to Envisagenics, and their new drug discovery platform they call SpliceCore. This discovery platform is nothing more than a huge database of information pertaining to RNA. RNA is an acronym that stands for ribonucleic acid. In layman’s terms, RNA is the in between molecule that reads the information in DNA, so our bodies can produce a complete functional protein. Envisagenic’s goal is to learn how to properly splice this RNA molecule so that they can determine why it is not producing the protein that it should so that those of us with SMA can either sustain the muscle that we already have, or better yet, why we are unable to build new muscle. Their database, SpliceCore, is the largest database to date with regards to RNA sequencing data. This video should be available around the first of July. Leave your comments below, and I’ll be more than happy to answer your questions.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

June 25, 2018 at 9:58 am

Sounds great Michael. I look forward to hearing your perspective on this. Do you think this information is something all the big drug manufacturers will take into account: Biogen, AveXis, Cytokinetics, etc.?

• michael-morale

June 25, 2018 at 10:11 am

Yes, I think Envisagenic’s splicing procedure will be something that all the pharmaceutical companies will have to address.  If I’m not mistaken, I believe Envisagenics was suppose to be at the conference, but because of FDA regulations, since they were in their “moment of silence” period, they were only allowed to have a statement read outloud to those attending the Q&A session.

• kevin-schaefer

June 25, 2018 at 10:37 am

Got it. Well I look forward to your video!