This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 2 months ago by Adnan Hafizovic.

• Author
      Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

This column by Cystic Fibrosis News Today writer Brad Dell is a great read: https://cysticfibrosisnewstoday.com/2018/11/13/cf-five-feet-apart-movie-trailer-defense-hollywood/. Brad about the upcoming film “Five Feet Apart,” and how it’s already a controversial topic in the Cystic Fibrosis community.

I’ll be the first to admit that I have a tendency to judge movies about disability ahead of their release, and I’m glad Brad brought this up. In some ways I am very skeptical about this film, given its apparent romanticization of CF and the people who live with this disease. On the other hand, it could very well open doors for conversations about Cystic Fibrosis and its many nuances. I’ve had similar reactions to movies about people in wheelchairs.

What do you all think? I encourage you to watch the film’s trailer and then read Brad’s column about it.

Adnan Hafizovic
      Participant

It seems very similar to The Fault in Our Stars,we must asked Hollywood producers when they made a movie in which main character im person with SMA.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.