SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Tips for Dealing With Congestion

• yvette-haas

October 2, 2020 at 11:57 am

I really love taking a few deep breaths of Olba’s oil. Sometimes I will make my own blends, but that one is definitely my favorite.

• tracy-odell

October 2, 2020 at 2:30 pm

I had sinus congestion which was persistent after two full years – clearly not “allergy season”.

A brand-new doctor recommended in addition to my usual allergy medication – which is Claritin – to add a prescription nasal spray. Problem solved!

I have enjoyed several years without any sinus congestion since then– except for the odd day or two. I hope you can find a simple solution that works as well for you.

• alyssa-silva

October 4, 2020 at 12:13 am

Hey. I wish I had advice for you but, unfortunately, I don’t. I do have a question for you though haha. Do you ever get sinus pain? I’ve had zero congestion, but for the past 5 weeks, I’ve had severe pain. It’s near my jaw, so I’m questioning if it’s TMJ, but I also have chronic ear infections which, in turn, affect my throat and sinuses. So I’m not really sure what’s going on. All I know is I’d like to stop taking ibuprofen soon and NOT see a doctor over this.

• brianna-albers

October 7, 2020 at 2:58 pm

Oof ???? Yeah, I have a lot of sinus pain/congestion, especially with my seasonal allergies. I’ve tried all sorts of meds, too, and none of them seem to help much. Sudafed is usually my go to.