SMA News Forums Forums Life Advice and Transitions College Students Tips for Managing Stress During Exam Season

• Tips for Managing Stress During Exam Season

Posted by kevin-schaefer on November 2, 2018 at 7:00 am

Hey everyone, I know we haven’t gotten much activity in this particular forum, but I did want to start a conversation in light of exam season and the last month of classes.

This time in the semester is challenging for any student, but it can be particularly draining for people who already exert more energy than the average person. I know that when I was in college, I had to really stay on top of things during the time when term papers and final exams were piling up. I’m listing a few of my own tips below for you to manage stress and perform well, but please feel free to share tips of your own.

Get Plenty of Rest: I know that sleep can feel like a foreign concept in college, but especially for those of us with SMA we really do depend on it. Your body won’t function well if you don’t get at least a few hours of sleep each night.

Have an Organized Calendar: I was terribly lazy about keeping a calendar when I was a student, and it’s something I regret. Trying to keep important due dates and exam days all in your head is a terrible idea. Even when I did jot down information on my phone or whatever, it was always scattered rather than kept in one file. Please don’t do this, for your own sanity. If you take just a little bit of time to create an organized calendar, you’ll find it much easier to plan ahead and schedule time for homework and studying. It’ll also make it easier for you to coordinate caregiver schedules.

Go For Walks Around Campus: One of my most treasured memories from college was just going around campus with my service dog in between classes. It was a great way to release stress, and I’d always run into people I knew.

What are your tips for stress management in college? For those of you who are relatively new students, what has your college experience been like so far?

stolteo08 replied 5 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • stolteo08

November 15, 2018 at 2:22 am

Studies are a real phobia and especially the certified examinations. My friend is working a lot on LSAT Sample Questions since a month. Suggested to go for some online tutorials for proper help regarding tips and tricks to be used in logical reasoning and algebraic calculations. Exam is I think starting of next month. Wishing for the best.