• halsey-blocher

March 23, 2019 at 9:42 pm

That’s pretty much what I do except I use the nebulizer and vest at the same time, and I use xoponex (which I probably spelled wrong) instead of albuterol. Albuterol tends to make my heart race.

• ryan-berhar

March 25, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Interesting

• deann-r

March 24, 2019 at 9:03 am

Sounds like you’re doing everything right. Pneumonia is a bugger to recover from. Just keep at it.

• kelly-miller

March 26, 2019 at 5:26 pm

Oh no, Ryan I hope you get better very soon! In the past, all I’ve used has been the nebulizer with albuterol, chest percussion by my husband, & assistance coughing by his pushing my diaphragm. Recently I got a cough assist machine which I will use next time I get sick.

Ryan, have you heard of taking liquid albuterol on a daily basis? I started doing it last summer, and I feel way better in my breathing. I can breathe deeper, and it’s not so hard to cough if I need to. If you haven’t tried it will, give the idea some thought & talk to your pulmonologist. Mine had never heard of it being used on a regular basis & never heard that it did anything for anyone, but she was willing to let me try. She’s not sure it isn’t in my head, but she says whatever works is fine with her!

• ryan-berhar

March 26, 2019 at 9:15 pm

Thanks. That’s interesting. I’ll look into it.

• adnan-hafizovic

March 27, 2019 at 7:50 am

I’m lucky I was suffering from pneumonia only twice in my life when I was a child. Although this winter I had twice a slight throat inflammation, but it’s nothing compared to pneumonia, which takes the lives of many people with SMA.