SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Troubleshooting Bluetooth on My Wheelchair

• Troubleshooting Bluetooth on My Wheelchair

Posted by alyssa-silva on November 14, 2022 at 12:10 pm

Does anyone have a Permobil F3? Or maybe have the Bluetooth setting on their chair that isn’t the F3? This is something I use often to control my phone, but lately, it hasn’t been working and I don’t know why. There’s a distinct lag that I can’t seem to troubleshoot.

Does anyone know how I can fix this before I have to call Numotion?

alyssa-silva replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • deann-r

November 16, 2022 at 9:42 am

I never did get the Bluetooth set up with my F3. Always thought it would be more beneficial to control my chair from my phone than the other way around. What types of things can you even do? Hope you can figure out the issue. Numotion is so fun to work with these days.

• alyssa-silva

November 17, 2022 at 7:01 pm

That would be awesome. I film a lot of content for my job, so having my phone on a stand while I control it via Bluetooth with my wheelchair is ideal for me.

• deann-r

November 21, 2022 at 9:30 am

That makes sense. Other than the connection/lag issue does it work pretty well? It seems like when I try stuff like this I can get part way but still need to use the touchscreen at some point but then can’t reach it.

• alyssa-silva

November 21, 2022 at 1:52 pm

Yeah, it’s a little bit of both. I usually can’t scroll using my joystick.