SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research COVID-19 and SMA Vaccination Scheduled

• Vaccination Scheduled

Posted by deann-r on January 14, 2021 at 10:34 am

I’m getting my COVID vaccine today! Believe it or not it has nothing to do with being in the “high risk” category. Of course that’s the reason I want one. As a part-time job I enter payroll for an eye clinic. Therefore in a roundabout way I’m considered a healthcare worker. Crazy huh? Despite feeling the vaccine was rushed, I feel it’s our best defense against the virus. Sometimes preventative medicine is the best medicine in my opinion. What are your thoughts on the vaccine? Are you trying to get one?

zicari replied 3 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

January 14, 2021 at 11:01 am

So happy to hear this! I go back and forth between wanting it, like, yesterday and being in no rush. I’m home anyway because of the regular cold and flu season, so in some way, I’d prefer to wait (not too long) and see how others do. Given my uniqueness (very small, underweight, weak, etc) I’m slightly hesitant about the idea of reacting to the vaccine. I really can’t afford to have a sick day right now. Even if it’s mild. But I really want everyone in my household to get vaccinated so I can start bringing back caregivers. I change my mind about ten times a day! Let us know how it goes.

• kip-troendle

January 14, 2021 at 11:02 am

Congrats to you, DeAnn!  I’ve been in contact with 5 people that have had their first dose, with zero side effects.  Keep us posted on your after effects, if you don’t mind.  Yup, I’ll be getting mine when available.

• zicari

January 14, 2021 at 1:06 pm

That’s awesome.

I want to get it just to ease my anxiety. Every time I feel something even slightly off I think I got da rona. I really think the risks are minimal, but I understand why some are hesitant with how fast it came.

Waiting for my turn.