SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Weekly Recap 8/13-8/19/18

• Weekly Recap 8/13-8/19/18

Posted by kevin-schaefer on August 20, 2018 at 8:00 am

Hey everyone, hope you all had a great week. I’m pretty tired, but I just wanted to share some highlights from my week.

-At work I had some great meetings and conference calls. I know, weird. Usually these are associated more with boredom, but I made some great connections and moved forward with some big projects here at BioNews. I spoke with one of our columnists on Tuesday and helped him generate topic ideas; talked with a couple of friends from the SMA community and my boss about a new initiative on Thursday; and I met with a representative from the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) on Friday. This was all in addition to my usual articles and podcasts. It was an exhausting, but fulfilling week.

Then this weekend I went to dinner with my family for my Dad’s birthday on Friday, a movie with a friend on Saturday, and dinner with friends on Sunday. It was a blast. I have a lot of friends, but the ones I was with are genuine ones who I can be open with and be encouraged by. Surround yourself with people like that and your life really will be enhanced.

What did you all do this past week? What do you have going on this week?

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • deann-r

August 20, 2018 at 2:37 pm

You’re a busy man for sure.  What movie did you see?  We went to Alpha.  I thought it was good.  A large portion of the movie had to be computer generated, but they did a good job making the seamless transitions.  I always thought that would be a cool career, just not artistic enough.

Wish your dad a happy belated birthday!

• kevin-schaefer

August 20, 2018 at 3:24 pm

I saw “Eighth Grade,” a new indie written and directed by comedian Bo Burnham. I liked it. It defies a lot of coming of age movie tropes, and it reminds you how awkward middle school is haha. I’ll check out Alpha.

And thanks! Will do.