SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Wheelchair Question

• Wheelchair Question

Posted by deann-r on September 22, 2022 at 9:16 am

My Permobil F3 is almost 2 years old. I’m having trouble with the tilt holding. Tilt is probably my most used function and much of the time after I tilt it basically deflates. Feeling like a rocking chair in slow motion. If I tilt it a few times it usually holds. For now.

My question is, is this a fix Numotion can do at the home, or is it a more extensive repair? I just want to know what I’m in for before I start the hassle of a process of getting it fixed. Also, do you have any routine maintenance done on your chair? How often do you change batteries? Tires?

Deleted User replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

September 25, 2022 at 12:16 pm

I have an F3 too, but I’m not sure how to answer your question. What do you mean by deflate? I don’t usually do any maintenance on my chair but I’m about to embark on the journey of getting a new seat. They’re coming to my house to do it, so hopefully, they can do a home visit for you, too. I guess it all depends on how extensive the issue is.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    October 3, 2022 at 6:12 am

As per my opinion, you must visit professional. You can do it at home but professionals are always better.