SMA News Forums Forums Fun and General Chat Weekly Wins Working with one of my favorite brands

• Working with one of my favorite brands

Posted by alyssa-silva on August 5, 2021 at 11:04 am

Last week, I started a new gig as a brand ambassador for one of my favorite clothing brands, Aerie. It was really a pinch-me moment. Not only is Aerie all about diversity and inclusivity, but they also have a wide variety of clothing options that fit my small body. I cannot tell you the number of times I have struggled trying to shop for clothes that are not too big and also age-appropriate. (Barbie t-shirts and unicorn jeans from the kid’s department might fit perfectly but aren’t exactly flattering for a 30-year-old.)

With Aerie, I don’t have that problem. Not to mention their garments are incredibly soft and breathable while sitting in my wheelchair.

Do you struggle with finding clothes to wear as well? What are some brands that are your go-to’s for clothing? Does one company stand out to you?

blake-watson replied 2 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • losmi

August 5, 2021 at 1:17 pm

Nice, congrats Alyssa!

• blake-watson

August 5, 2021 at 3:35 pm

Congratulations. Sounds like a cool gig. I’m not super stylish and I mostly where whatever is comfy but I am a sucker for tees from Ugmonk.