Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone! My newest column is up! As you can probably tell from the title, I’ve finally made a decision about school. I was talking with my academic adviser about potentially dropping out of the program when he suggested I check out the M.A. in community care my school offers. It’s basically a stripped-down version of the clinical mental health counseling track, with the difference being that when I graduate I won’t be licensed or able to see clients. Which I don’t plan to do anyway! So it’s a perfect compromise.

I graduate next May, so I have a little over a year to figure out what I’m going to do. My plan was always to open my own clinic, but now self-employment is off the table, so I’m trying to get my bearings on the job market. Do any of you have tips for finding work-from-home opportunities?

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Bet you’re breathing a sigh of relief having made that decision. Congratulations. This next year will go by so fast. I would suggest taking your time off this summer to scout out potential job markets and make connections with people. I’ve found networking to be the best way to find a job. In my experience it’s difficult to just apply for a job, do the interview and get the job. When you know someone connected to the job many times they can put in a good word. Good luck on your final year and keep us posted!

Ryan Berhar

Happy for you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account