• A Decision Made

Posted by brianna-albers on February 26, 2019 at 11:00 am

Hi everyone! My newest column is up! As you can probably tell from the title, I’ve finally made a decision about school. I was talking with my academic adviser about potentially dropping out of the program when he suggested I check out the M.A. in community care my school offers. It’s basically a stripped-down version of the clinical mental health counseling track, with the difference being that when I graduate I won’t be licensed or able to see clients. Which I don’t plan to do anyway! So it’s a perfect compromise.

I graduate next May, so I have a little over a year to figure out what I’m going to do. My plan was always to open my own clinic, but now self-employment is off the table, so I’m trying to get my bearings on the job market. Do any of you have tips for finding work-from-home opportunities?

ryan-berhar replied 5 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • deann-r

February 26, 2019 at 12:30 pm

Bet you’re breathing a sigh of relief having made that decision. Congratulations. This next year will go by so fast. I would suggest taking your time off this summer to scout out potential job markets and make connections with people. I’ve found networking to be the best way to find a job. In my experience it’s difficult to just apply for a job, do the interview and get the job. When you know someone connected to the job many times they can put in a good word. Good luck on your final year and keep us posted!

• ryan-berhar

February 26, 2019 at 10:07 pm

Happy for you!