SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research Evrysdi (risdiplam) Approved for Evrysdi! Newbie here

• Approved for Evrysdi! Newbie here

Posted by tammy on April 28, 2021 at 6:11 pm

hey everyone just wanted to come on here to share my excitement that I was approved for Evrysdi by my insurance! Super excited and anxious to get started. I’m also brand new to the forums so I thought it would be a good idea to come on here to learn and also share info. I am a 40 year old type 2 female from NJ and was wondering if anyone my age and type has been taking this med. Interested in your experiences and opinions. I have also started a brand new YouTube channel to document my experiences but have not posted any videos about it yet. Was approved on April 12th and will be receiving my first shipment on this coming Friday, April 30th. -Tammy

tammy replied 2 years, 12 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

April 28, 2021 at 6:32 pm

Hi Tam, welcome! I’m one of the forum moderators here and have SMA type I. I am 30 years old. 🙂 I do not take Evrysdi (I receive Spinraza), but I know our other moderator does and is around your age. I’m sure she’ll weigh in. Congratulations! I’m sure you’re so eager to get started, how exciting!

• tammy

April 28, 2021 at 6:47 pm

Thank you! I definitely am excited to get started

• oluwaseun

April 28, 2021 at 11:42 pm

Hi! My name is seun. This really sounds exciting, Congratulations! I will be cheering you on. I am 30 years Type II too, not on any yet though. I shall be eagerly waiting for your updates. Congratulations! once again????????

• deann-r

April 29, 2021 at 8:48 am

Whoop whoop! Congratulations! I’m another forum moderator. Glad to have you here. I’m 41 type 2 and have been on Evrysdi since January. Totally understand your excitement and anxiousness. No matter what you’ve heard you just don’t know until you take it. For me I switched from Spinraza. Taking it is a lot easier in my opinion. Results for me have been underwhelming though. Although I think it helps I haven’t had any dramatic results. I can barely notice I’ve taken anything except for one side effect. About a week into it diarrhea started. Not everyone gets it and for some who do it seems to subside. Imodium has been a lifesaver for me. Everyone is different, so results will vary. We’d love if you’d keep us posted. If you want to share your YouTube channel you’re welcome to as well. Good luck!

• tammy

April 29, 2021 at 11:18 am

Thanks everyone! I will definitely post updates! And yes i have already planned to keep immodium on stand by lol! Meds are arriving tomorrow