Sponsored Post

How different generations living with SMA can teach one another

Meet Regina and Al. Their friendship and respect for one another all started at a fundraiser before a Phillies baseball game in 2019. “I watched Regina give a beautiful speech at the event about her recently diagnosed son, Shane,” recalled Al. “I thought to myself, ‘My friends at Cure SMA need to meet this amazing mom and get her involved.’”

This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by Krystal.

• Author
      Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

I know it’s only July 2nd.

But there has been a lot of buzz about sending your child— with or without SMA— to school in the fall. It’s such a tricky predicament to be in but something worth considering early on.

I haven’t been in school for quite some time now. But, when I was, I stayed home every winter to avoid cold and flu season. I’d say I was homeschooled, but essentially my teachers just gave me a bunch of assignments and take-home exams and I taught myself. I did have a tutor come once a week, though.

Do you have a plan in motion yet? I’m sure it’s daunting to think about, especially since no one could have ever predicted we’d be here in the first place.

Derek Markulin
      Participant

Fortunately for my wife and I, we decided to homeschool our kids at the beginning of the school year in 2019 so before the pandemic. We decided this as we found our son was learning, for lack of better words, bad behaviors and words from other kids at school. We also were constantly getting sick as they bring everything home which wasn’t fun. And lastly our kids are learning better or more at home as we work with them which makes sense having the one on one learning experience. Some of our friends also homeschool and shared their experiences with us which helped us make the leap to homeschooling. So things haven’t changed for us fortunately.

Krystal
      Participant

My daughter is 2.5yrs old and we aren’t planning to take her back to daycare anytime soon. As much as we enjoy her learning social skills from other kids her age, I don’t think it’s worth the risk right now.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.