SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research COVID-19 and SMA Are you resuming normal activity soon?

• Are you resuming normal activity soon?

Posted by alyssa-silva on May 28, 2020 at 10:56 am

Has anyone here begun to resume normal activity amid the lingering pandemic? My state is entering phase II of reopening on Monday, and more businesses are included in this phase. Our number of positive cases has dropped significantly, too.

That being said, I fear a relapse could happen with more people getting out and about. I plan on waiting safely at home for the time being. But, I’m curious.

Are you planning to test the waters and get back to your old routine? Or are you going to hold off for a while longer?

lisa replied 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • halsey-blocher

May 28, 2020 at 9:39 pm

I believe we’re currently in stage 3/5 of reopening here. Unfortunately the number of cases is starting to spike again. I won’t be getting back to anything normal for a while yet. There’s not enough improvement for me to be comfortable with it.

• lisa

June 8, 2020 at 5:21 am

This is such a beautiful reminder about not falling prey to idea of capitalism and productivity. I think i needed to hear this to feel more at easy with the days that i feel not quite ready to ‘take on the world’ as much as just being ready to work on myself and educate myself of my own biases