• lupa-f

January 31, 2022 at 11:36 pm

I actually have a big tub of it that’s been sitting on my counter for years now. I didn’t stick with it long enough to see it did anything though because I don’t like making the shakes. Looking it up now I see there are pill versions so maybe I can try that because I tend to be a lot better taking those.

The other thing I tried a long time ago was creatine but that gave me headaches almost immediately every time I took any.

• tracy-odell

February 1, 2022 at 8:05 am

Every morning I take creatine, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E, coenzyme Q 10 which was recommended to me at least 20 years ago by a doctor specializing in SMA and similar muscular conditions.

I am about to turn 64, I’m retired after 30+ years of working full-time, a wife, mother of two adult children and have two grandchildren. Perhaps this medical cocktail  helped me to slow down the progressive effects of SMA 2. Perhaps it made no difference. My sister, who also has SMA 2, did not do this supplemental regime, and she lived to be 65.

• tammy

February 1, 2022 at 2:40 pm

That’s great! Are there specific brands that you recommend?

• tammy

February 1, 2022 at 3:26 pm

Also… Did you start with the loading dose phase and then the maintenance dose? Or did you just take the same dose every day?