• Body Image

Posted by deann-r on February 2, 2021 at 7:00 am

I’ve been trying to figure out how to approach this subject. Do you think you’re attractive? My thoughts on this are all over the map. Even though I’ve never been concerned about my body image I’ve never considered myself attractive either. Despite my best efforts my purple potato feet, lopsided shoulders and SMA belly leave a lot to be desired. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Never mind I can’t style my hair or apply makeup easily. Obviously there’s more involved than looks when it comes to attractiveness though. What qualities do you find attractive?

zicari replied 3 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • kelly-miller

February 2, 2021 at 5:09 pm

I truly think a sense of humor and a willingness to communicate, along with shared interests. Should we form a company that writes people’s dating profiles for them, DeAnn?

• alyssa-silva

February 3, 2021 at 10:45 am

I guess I struggle with body image but it has more to with my weight than my body shape and curves. I also don’t really find myself attractive but attractiveness holds different meanings for every single one of us. Just because I don’t find myself attractive (in a physical way) doesn’t mean no one will find me attractive. I hope ahaha. But like you said, attractiveness stretches beyond looks. Personally, I find people to be more attractive once I get to know them and their personality. Also, I think a question we should be asking ourselves isn’t whether or not we find ourselves attractive but rather are we confident in the person we’ve become. Confidence, in my opinion, is the best quality for attractiveness.

• zicari

February 4, 2021 at 12:38 pm

If I were to survey 100 random people and had them put me in one of those two bins (attractive or unattractive), the vote would not go in my favor. I can’t ignore that.

It’s not a pleasant thought, but it’s not something that I get down on myself about. There’s not much I can do about it. I can dress, groom, and present myself well, and even project an occasional air of confidence, but no matter what my disease has ravaged my body.

Having said that, individuals still have different preferences, and it’s always possible to find something physically or visually attractive about someone. When it comes to women, I’m an eyes guy.