SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA What Brought Me Joy This Week 7/30-8/5/18

• What Brought Me Joy This Week 7/30-8/5/18

Posted by kevin-schaefer on August 6, 2018 at 9:00 am

Hey everyone, hope you all have had a great week. I’m here for the second installment of my “What Brought Me Joy This Week” posts.

The first half of my week consisted mostly of work, and I don’t think I left the house on Monday or Tuesday. Between my BioNews duties and my comics work, I spent nearly all of Monday and Tuesday in my home office getting things done. I’m at my most productive at the start of the week, and I knocked out as much as I could on these days. I was either writing, recording podcasts, on a conference call, sending emails, writing forum posts or coordinating something with my coworkers.

I intentionally leave my creative writing time to the evenings, when all my day-job work is done. After a long day of working, working on my comic scripts is very therapeutic for me. I also feel better about relaxing and watching movies after I’ve gotten my daily fix of creative writing. Then once it’s done I can read, watch tv, etc.

On Tuesday my friend Katherine came by, as she was about to move to Phoenix, Arizona. She came by to say goodbye, and we were also able to hang out a few weeks ago. Though it kind of sucked to say goodbye, we’ll still be keeping in touch and I’m happy for her. I also have another close friend named Will who’s moving this week for work. I’ve known him since middle school, and on Wednesday night I got dinner with him and a friend of ours from high school. Goodbyes aren’t easy, but I am happy for friends of mine who are entering new and exciting chapters in their lives.

Friday started with a bit of a hiccup as our power went out before I had gotten out of bed. I have one of those power beds, and it of course runs on electricity. When the power went out, my bed sank a little, making it a bit uncomfortable. Fortunately, my caregiver came a few minutes later, and though it was dark he was still able to get me ready. My Mom and I then went to lunch and sat at the restaurant for a bit afterwards so I could use the WiFi there to work. By the time we got home the power was back, and we were both glad that the outage didn’t last long. I then went to PT that afternoon, came home and rested, and just watched movies at home that night.

Saturday I slept in, ate lunch, read, walked my dog and worked on a comic script. Then that night I hung out with friends at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, which is my favorite movie theater. We ate there, saw the new Mission Impossible and I rented a couple Blu-Rays on the way out. Then Sunday I had church and time with family.

All in all it was a great week, and I hope you all had a fulfilling week as well. What things brought you joy this week?

Also, please check out my weekly column on SMA News Today: https://smanewstoday.com/category/embracing-my-inner-alien-a-column-by-kevin-schaefer/.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.