SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Parents​ ​and​ ​Caregivers​ These Celebrity Dads Have Kids With Disabilities

• deann-r

July 10, 2018 at 10:02 pm

Although I never wish for a celebrity, or anyone for that matter, to have a disability I think it does bring disability issues to the forefront when someone well known has a connection to it.  It seems to bring a bit of normalcy to see how a celebrity family copes with these issues if that makes sense.

• kevin-schaefer

July 12, 2018 at 9:40 am

Absolutely. It’d be great too if more politicians had relatives with disabilities and better understood how to enact policy changes.

• alex-telenson

July 12, 2018 at 9:12 am

I only half wish (maybe more like 60-40) that Elon Musk would have a child with a disability just so we can get Tesla Wheelchairs up and running

• kevin-schaefer

July 12, 2018 at 9:41 am

Yes! That would be awesome haha.

• adnan-hafizovic

July 13, 2018 at 5:56 am

Illness don`t choose people so everyone can be ill.Interesting is that I found on Wikipedia in biographies these actors,that is only in Colin Farell biography mentioned his ill child.You right Kevin when you say it would be better for us when more politicians have members with disabilities in theirs families,so they probably more understand our problems.

• deann-r

July 13, 2018 at 8:53 am

Maybe we need to encourage parents with children who have disabilities to run for office!  Unfortunately, they usually have a full plate to deal with so that’s the last thing they’d want to tackle.  Guess that leaves us.  Maybe I should run for Governor…oh wait, that’d probably put me over the income limit to keep my health coverage.  Well that and the fact I’m totally unqualified take me out of the running.  Shoot.