SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Columnist Reflects on Her Love for Football

• Columnist Reflects on Her Love for Football

Posted by brianna-albers on September 9, 2019 at 7:00 am

Happy September, everyone!

In her latest column, Alyssa dives into her love of football. She never used to enjoy the sport, but one Sunday, she had the house to herself and turned on a New England Patriots game. She learned the terminology and quickly fell in love. Fall is her favorite time of year because the season brings another football game every Sunday!

Specifically, Alyssa loves the New England Patriots and the relationships she’s formed with the team. “I don’t like to boast about my relationship with the Patriots,” she says. “It is sacred to me. But I can’t help but gush every once in a while about a community I love and value so much.” If you follow Alyssa on Instagram, you’ll know just how much the Patriots mean to her!

Now that summer is officially on its way out the door, what are some of your favorite fall activities?

ryan-berhar replied 4 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ryan-berhar

September 9, 2019 at 3:15 pm

Most people here probably know this, but I love football as well. It’s honestly my favorite thing in the universe. I deal with so much every day, and football is the one thing that totally takes away all my hardships just for a short time.

• deann-r

September 10, 2019 at 12:42 pm

It’s great Alyssa has this special connection to her beloved team.  Although I enjoy tuning into the games (Go Vikes!) I kind of have the opposite reaction when football season arrives.  It means I have to dig out my long sleeves and fuzzy socks.  It means the days are getting shorter.  It means cold and flu season will be upon us.  Sometimes I wonder why I purchased a Vikings t-shirt when I have to wear a sweatshirt over it.

I have wondered though, do you think those jackets with closed arms those players wear on the sidelines during cold games would cover an entire wheelchair?  Are those hand muffs heated?  If so, I need Alyssa’s connections!

• ryan-berhar

September 10, 2019 at 4:48 pm

There are tradeoffs with each season.