Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Happy Monday, everyone! As you all heard first, I got a new wheelchair at the end of 2019 and shared some of my woes in this thread here. Besides this forum, I wanted to take the opportunity to write a full-length column about it.

I actually wrote this piece about 4 weeks ago. I knew I wouldn’t be submitting it to my editors until around now, but I wanted to write while I was in the thick of this transition. As I’m sure you know, getting a new wheelchair is anything but easy. So, the intent behind my column was to show that I, too, had my fair share of obstacles.

A couple of updates since this column was written:

• My wheelchair guy accidentally broke my joystick while making adjustments. I was without a chair for 5 days. The guy felt TERRIBLE, but whaddya going to do?
      • The seat took lots of adjusting— I just didn’t feel comfortable in it for some reason. After many minor (and I mean millimeter minor) shifts, ibuprofen for pain caused by my seat, and patience, I think we finally got it right.
      • My assistant accidentally backed up into the wheelchair guy’s truck in her car. Wish I were kidding. It’s never a dull moment around here, but fortunately, everyone is okay.
      • You are able to adjust the sensitivity of a mini joystick!
      • After 6 long weeks, I’m finally beginning to feel more “me” in that chair.

Again, I’ll leave the link to my column here. Can you relate?

aladanh
      Participant

I really wanted to send a small word to say thanks to you for the fantastic points you are writing on this site.

gmail sign up

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

Glad to hear you’re starting to get adjusted to your new chair! It’s definitely something that takes some time!

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

I’ve been going to start the process for the last year. Just dreading it. I want to get a new one while this one’s in working order so it can be my backup. Glad you’re slowly getting things how you want them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account