SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research COVID-19 and SMA Columnist Writes About Second Vaccine Shot

• robert-stump

April 27, 2021 at 2:04 pm

Oh yes, Pfizer #2 got me good.  Down for the count for 48 hours, fever, nausea, very intense headache (and I almost never get headaches that last more than the morning Cup of Joe), and weakness.  But, I’m glad I did it, and I feel so safe being around strangers again.  I still mask up indoors in public like a good comrade, and I might do so for the rest of my days actually (especially in the winter times in the height of the flu season) because it does make me feel safer.  I just hate getting sick with anything because of how intense it can get, still I’m just glad COVID-19 is one fewer thing I have to fear in the days ahead, and yes even with the 2nd shot side effects I’m still willing to get the 3rd shot if the new variants cause too much havoc and start leaking through the standard 2 dose Pfizer vaccination.

• alyssa-silva

April 28, 2021 at 9:27 am

I received moderna and had side effects both times, the second time was worse than the first. I had a low-grade fever, body aches, and was completely wiped out. Weirdly, it lasted exactly 24 hours, and after that, I did a complete 180. I’m sorry you had a rough go, but at least now you can hopefully feel a sigh of relief knowing you’re better protected!

• deann-r

April 29, 2021 at 8:52 am

I almost feel guilty having had no side effects. Glad the misery was short lived. Welcome to the vaccinated club! Hopefully we can breathe a little sigh of relief now.