Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

Happy August, and happy SMA Awareness Month! To kick things off, I wrote a column about contradictions — specifically the contradictions that comprise SMA. I would love to know what you think! You can read the column here.

What are some contradictions you’ve experienced because of life with SMA?

Blake Watson
      Participant

SMA breaks me, but it always puts me back together, in ways I would never have expected.

That hit me right in the feels.

I do wonder sometimes what an abled-body (able-bodied?) me would have been like. I can imagine it being amazing (I would feel invincible). But also I can see missing out on experiences from this life—people, interests, hobbies. It’s possible that despite SMA I’m happier than my hypothetical counterpart. I guess I’ll never really know.

I will say that if I could magically heal myself I def would, but I understand why someone might not—it’s like changing a core part of yourself. It’s weird to think about.

Superb writing, and spot on.

Blake Watson
        Participant

Off-topic but these blockquotes seem to have double styling applied. I’m not sure how the site is managed/who has authority to work on it, but I can help fix this if that’s something that’s doable.

Blockquote example

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account