SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Columnist writes about what she learned working for BioNews

• Columnist writes about what she learned working for BioNews

Posted by alyssa-silva on July 27, 2020 at 7:00 am

So hard to believe I’ve officially been working here for 3 years! It would be remiss of me not to reflect on my time with the company thus far, so my latest column is about just that.

You’ll see in the beginning how I first turned down the offer to come work for BioNews. (Still kicking myself over this— I explain why in the column.) But when I was given a second chance, I took a leap of faith and said yes. What I thought would be “just a job” turned out to be a poignant lesson intertwined in an experience that I’m fortunate enough to call my job.

I break it all down for you here.

Can you think of a job or an experience where you thought it’d be “just a ______” and it turned out to exceed your expectations?

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • deann-r

July 27, 2020 at 10:29 am

Well said Alyssa!  Although I’m not a columnist, when I was offered the position of vlogger and forums moderator here I didn’t exactly think it was legitimate.   At first I didn’t even tell my family in case it didn’t pan out. I’m glad I took the leap of faith as well.  It’s great working with you Alyssa and having the opportunity to communicate with all our fantastic forum members is so enriching.  You guys are awesome!

• alyssa-silva

July 28, 2020 at 8:48 am

Thanks DeAnn! I’m so glad BioNews has brought us together and given us the opportunity to connect with so many amazing people here. Truly thankful.