Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

I have a fun one to share with you today! Recently I had the opportunity to chat with the super talented Halsey Blocher. We talk not only about her role as a columnist for SMA News but also about how her promotion as lead columnist keeps her busy. Halsey shares how she’s involved with her community and how the rest of us can branch out too.

To read Halsey’s musings on life with SMA, click on this link (I always love her columns and can’t wait to read what she writes about next): https://smanewstoday.com/from-where-i-sit-halsey-blocher/

Blake Watson
      Participant

Halsey! I see her in the Cure SMA Virtual Meetup sometimes. They should make her a moderator/facilitator on those honestly. 😄

I really enjoyed her article about how the pandemic opened the door to a lot of opportunities for people with SMA because of the shift to virtual participation.

I’m Hopeful We Won’t Forget What Connected Us During the Pandemic

I would like to see an even bigger explosion in activities that could be done virtually. Remote work in particular as it creates a lot of potential for people with disabilities to get into the workforce. This is an area where my industry (tech) has succeeded and opened up a lot of opportunities. I’ve written about how web development in particular can be an empowering career.

Blake Watson
        Participant

Looks like it tried to auto embed the link to that article and got a little janky. 🙂

Alyssa Silva
          Keymaster

No worries! Yeah, I really liked that column too.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Halsey is an amazing writer. Loved listening to this.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account