• Covid Precautions

Posted by alyssa-silva on March 24, 2021 at 11:00 am

I know it’s still a little premature, but my mom just went for a Covid test because she has a fever and chills. I’m not sure how she could have picked up Covid, but we were at the hospital last week for my Spinraza injection so she could have been exposed there I guess. Hopefully, it’s nothing, but while we wait for her results, is there anything I should be doing as a preventative? Well, besides having her stay away from me— although I think it’s too late for that now lol. Has someone in your home had Covid before?

alyssa-silva replied 3 years ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • deann-r

March 24, 2021 at 12:01 pm

So sorry to hear this. When will she have results? My best advice is to watch for symptoms. As soon as I had a fever I took acetaminophen and I really think it helped. Fingers crossed it’s nothing. Had she been vaccinated?

• kelly-miller

March 24, 2021 at 12:18 pm

I think it should help if you’ve even gotten your 1st vaccine shot. My husband read that several countries in Europe have discovered that aspirin, just plain aspirin, reduces the Covid symptoms and keeps people from getting so severe they end up on vents. Worth a try. I don’t know why we haven’t heard about this, except the docs here push Tylenol.

• alyssa-silva

March 24, 2021 at 12:32 pm

Unfortunately, there were no rapid tests available around here today, so it could be a few days before we find out. We’ve all had our first dose which is a little reassuring. Hopefully, it’s nothing, but until we know for sure, she is exiled to her room. Although I’m not sure that matters at this point since she was around me every day prior. Still going to remain cautious though! But ugh. The wait is not fun.

• allysw76

March 31, 2021 at 11:28 am

How’s your mom, Alyssa ? You okay, guys ?

• alyssa-silva

April 1, 2021 at 11:03 am

Hey Ally. Thank you for checking in. My mom was negative and is healthy. 🙂 The results took a good 36 hours to come in, so it was a very stressful time but we are so relieved it was nothing!