Sponsored Post

How different generations living with SMA can teach one another

Meet Regina and Al. Their friendship and respect for one another all started at a fundraiser before a Phillies baseball game in 2019. “I watched Regina give a beautiful speech at the event about her recently diagnosed son, Shane,” recalled Al. “I thought to myself, ‘My friends at Cure SMA need to meet this amazing mom and get her involved.’”

This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Brianna Albers.

• Author
      Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

I just got word that I received a scholarship from Genentech for this year’s conference! My parents and I had vague plans, but now we’re officially going, which is very exciting. Winter is starting to wear on me, so I’m dreaming about Florida heat and Disney World to get me through the next couple of months.

Who’s going to the conference this year? And for those of you who have gone before, would you recommend Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts or Disney’s BoardWalk Inn? I’m leaning toward the latter, but let me know if I’m totally off base!

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Congrats on the scholarship! I’ve stayed at both Disney resorts and they’re equally awesome. That being said, I personally loved the Boardwalk because I love anything 1920’s themed. There’s also some nightlife over there— the dueling piano bar is so fun! But this can be easily accessed from Yacht and Beach.

Is the conference at Swan and Dolphin? If so the Boardwalk is closer but both are within walking distance. Let me know if you have any questions. I’m a huge Disney nerd lol.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

With the impending blizzard, it certainly sounds like something to look forward to.  Tempted to stowaway with you guys, lol.  We don’t travel much, so I don’t have good advice for you other than to say have fun!

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

We don’t have plans to go this year, but I’m sure it’ll be a great time. I’ve always enjoyed the ones at Disney World. I’ve never stayed at those resorts, but I love the boardwalk area. Super accessible and a lot of fun! Also, a lot of people don’t know this, but there’s a public back entrance to Epcot along the boardwalk. It’s walking distance from the resorts in that area, and since most people don’t know about it, there’s rarely a line. We used it all the time when the conference was at the swan and dolphin.

Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

I’ll be there! We’re staying at the Yacht and Beach Club, but I’ve heard both are good. So excited!

Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

Boardwalk was completely sold out 😭 But I’ll see you there, Kev!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.