• Cure SMA 2020

Posted by brianna-albers on January 17, 2020 at 7:00 am

I just got word that I received a scholarship from Genentech for this year’s conference! My parents and I had vague plans, but now we’re officially going, which is very exciting. Winter is starting to wear on me, so I’m dreaming about Florida heat and Disney World to get me through the next couple of months.

Who’s going to the conference this year? And for those of you who have gone before, would you recommend Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts or Disney’s BoardWalk Inn? I’m leaning toward the latter, but let me know if I’m totally off base!

brianna-albers replied 4 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

January 17, 2020 at 9:16 am

Congrats on the scholarship! I’ve stayed at both Disney resorts and they’re equally awesome. That being said, I personally loved the Boardwalk because I love anything 1920’s themed. There’s also some nightlife over there— the dueling piano bar is so fun! But this can be easily accessed from Yacht and Beach.

Is the conference at Swan and Dolphin? If so the Boardwalk is closer but both are within walking distance. Let me know if you have any questions. I’m a huge Disney nerd lol.

• deann-r

January 17, 2020 at 9:48 am

With the impending blizzard, it certainly sounds like something to look forward to.  Tempted to stowaway with you guys, lol.  We don’t travel much, so I don’t have good advice for you other than to say have fun!

• halsey-blocher

January 18, 2020 at 9:33 pm

We don’t have plans to go this year, but I’m sure it’ll be a great time. I’ve always enjoyed the ones at Disney World. I’ve never stayed at those resorts, but I love the boardwalk area. Super accessible and a lot of fun! Also, a lot of people don’t know this, but there’s a public back entrance to Epcot along the boardwalk. It’s walking distance from the resorts in that area, and since most people don’t know about it, there’s rarely a line. We used it all the time when the conference was at the swan and dolphin.

• kevin-schaefer

January 19, 2020 at 11:10 am

I’ll be there! We’re staying at the Yacht and Beach Club, but I’ve heard both are good. So excited!

• brianna-albers

January 23, 2020 at 8:50 pm

Boardwalk was completely sold out 😭 But I’ll see you there, Kev!