SMA News Forums Forums Our Community 31 Days of SMA 2021 31 Days of SMA 2022 Day 13 of #31DaysofSMA: How I Use Superior Motivational Attitude to Achieve Happiness

• Day 13 of #31DaysofSMA: How I Use Superior Motivational Attitude to Achieve Happiness

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on August 15, 2022 at 6:30 pm

Steve Bingman believes that society often tells us that those with disabilities have a predicted path in life., yet what it doesn’t tell us is that disabilities can be used as an advantage in life. This is what Steve calls his superior motivational attitude.

One day, around age 24, he decided out of the blue to go to college. Steve needed to do life differently. That’s when his superior motivation really manifested. Steve used the doubt, from others and himself, as motivation. Prior to completing a bachelor’s degree, he continued to find ways to use motivation from doubt in all aspects of life.

Today, he continues to use societal doubt as motivation to achieve while fostering kids, being a dad to Christian and Azlyn, a spouse to Brittany, traveling abroad and helping others.

Steve, your superior motivational attitude is fascinating 🙂

Now back to our SMA community, how do you stay motivated? How do you stay “true to yourself” when society seems to want to dictate otherwise?

Click here to read the rest of Steven’s story and find out more about how he stays motivated.

SMA News Today’s 31 Days of SMA campaign will publish one story per day for SMA Awareness Month in August. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #31DaysofSMA, or read the full series.

deann-r replied 1 year, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

August 17, 2022 at 5:28 pm

Like Steve, I have definitely been fueled by societal doubt. While it has benefited me in many ways, I also feel as though it pushed me too hard at times. I would get too focused on proving others wrong that I didn’t take care of myself. Now, I try to drown out the noise and rely on internal motivation to get me going. Although, it’s still fun proving others wrong. ????

• deann-r

August 18, 2022 at 9:25 am

I think there will always be doubters to contend with. Heck I have family members doubt my abilities. Proving them wrong used to motivate me. Now I just try to do what makes me happy and fulfills my life.