SMA News Forums Forums Our Community 31 Days of SMA 2021 31 Days of SMA 2022 Day 21 of #31DaysofSMA: Making the World a Better Place for People With Disabilities

• Day 21 of #31DaysofSMA: Making the World a Better Place for People With Disabilities

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on August 22, 2022 at 7:55 pm

Jasmine West is 28 years old and lives in England. She drives her wheelchair-accessible vehicle and likes to think of herself as a confident and independent woman. She employs a team of carers who assist her with daily living, and who are all her best friends. Jasmine describes herself as a “crazy cat lady” and dreams of opening a cat café — an accessible one, of course.

“I use my Instagram page to share my life, including the good, the bad, and the ugly. By doing this, I have met and advocated for lots of different people, and will continue to do so until the world is a better place for disabled people.

Jasmine, you are the coolest cat lady!

Now back to our SMA community, how do you feel about advocating?

Click here to read the rest of Jasmine’s story and find out more about her life with SMA.

SMA News Today’s 31 Days of SMA campaign will publish one story per day for SMA Awareness Month in August. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #31DaysofSMA, or read the full series.

deann-r replied 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

August 23, 2022 at 7:43 pm

Love that Jasmine has a team of carers she gets along with well! That’s so hard to find and yet such an important aspect of our well-being.

• deann-r

August 24, 2022 at 9:20 am

If you couldn’t tell from my latest video I’m in on the cat café, lol!