SMA News Forums Forums Our Community 31 Days of SMA 2021 31 Days of SMA 2022 Day 22 of #31DaysofSMA: Her Condition Brought Us Closer

• Day 22 of #31DaysofSMA: Her Condition Brought Us Closer

Posted by kevin-schaefer on August 23, 2022 at 10:16 am

When Logan Mundy started his relationship with Arya Singh, he didn’t have much knowledge or experience with disability. Arya has SMA, and she was open about her needs when she and Logan began dating.

For Logan, he learned about the nuances of caregiving and accessibility, and these things brought him closer to Arya.

He writes, “Our routine and our relationship together may seem uncommon or bizarre to someone else, but I wouldn’t want it any other way; it was for all these things that I grew to love and appreciate Arya on an even deeper level than I could have ever imagined.”

Click here to read Logan and Arya’s full story.

Do you have any takeaways from this story? Are you in a relationship? 

SMA News Today’s 31 Days of SMA campaign will publish one story per day for SMA Awareness Month in August. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #31DaysofSMA, or read the full series.

deann-r replied 1 year, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

August 23, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Such a beautiful story! I hope there are more Logans out there for the rest of us. ???? Wishing them all the best.

• deann-r

August 24, 2022 at 9:18 am

I’m rooting for these two. It’s great hearing from someone so openminded. One of the reasons these stories are so important. How do we make this mindset a common pov?