• Deodorant advice?

Posted by deann-r on August 4, 2023 at 8:56 am

We’ve probably discussed this before, but the recent heat wave got me thinking. What do you all use for deodorant?
    This is especially (but not exclusively) a question for those of you who need assistance with the application. Even though I like to spray the best, I’m not 100% sold on it. Not only is it probably horrible for the environment, but I also haven’t found a brand I love that doesn’t cost a fortune.

With sticks, it’s too difficult to explain how to get the proper pressure. Gels and roll-ons irritate my skin. I’m guessing they don’t get proper dry time since I don’t move much. Divulge your deodorant secrets!

patrick-lenihan replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

August 4, 2023 at 12:53 pm

I’m curious too! I just use the sticks but it’s so difficult for someone to apply because I’m small, skinny (so my armpits are concaved), and tight in my shoulders to lift. I usually stick to all-natural and avoid antiperspirants.

What spray do you use?

• deann-r

August 9, 2023 at 1:58 pm

I’ve tried the more all natural route and just doesn’t cut it for me. As of the moment I rotate between Dove and Sure.

• patrick-lenihan

August 9, 2023 at 3:03 pm

I use Lume or Mando stick. They are the same company and both work very well and are gentle on my skin. I don’t use anything with aluminum in it and deodorants with baking soda irritate my skin. They also make a deodorant cream/lotion that is applied with the fingers.

• deann-r

August 10, 2023 at 9:01 am

Lume is quite popular I think. Might have to check it out. I actually had it in my cart the other day and chickened out. Not sure how I feel about creams either. Can’t hurt to try I suppose.

• alyssa-silva

August 11, 2023 at 8:24 am

I use Lume too. What brand makes the lotion deodorant? Never heard of it before.

• patrick-lenihan

August 11, 2023 at 11:43 am

Lume has lotion deodorant that you apply with fingers from a squeeze tube. You can get it on the Lume website.