Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

Hi everyone! A good friend of mine is watching (and raving about) “The Dragon Prince,” so I thought I’d pass on the recommendation. One of the characters is deaf and speaks in sign language. From what my friend has told me, it’s actually sign language — and the character’s disability isn’t used as a plot point. She speaks in sign language, one of the other characters translates for her, and that’s that.

I firmly believe in supporting shows with disability representation, even if it’s not my disability, so “The Dragon Prince” is on my list. I’ll let you know what I think. It’s streaming on Netflix, and season three is set to debut shortly. Here’s the trailer, for those who haven’t heard of it.

Have you seen “The Dragon Prince”? If so, what did you think?

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

I haven’t seen this one, but I’ll try to check it out as well. I like supporting shows that are inclusive. I’ve been watching The Walking Dead and they also have a couple characters with hearing impairments. What makes it authentic is the actors themselves do have hearing impairments. It’s nice to see more of this. Especially when they don’t make a huge deal out of it, it’s just part of the show.

Brianna Albers
        Keymaster

I’ve heard The Walking Dead is good! But I’m a scaredy-cat, so who knows if I’d like it 😂

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account