SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Do you take CBD oil?

• Do you take CBD oil?

Posted by alyssa-silva on June 12, 2023 at 9:25 am

Going off my recent post about anxiety, I was thinking about trying CBD oil again. I gave it a shot a long time ago, but it made me dizzy. 

Yes, I know that sounds weird. But, for some reason, when I get sleepy or super relaxed, my vertigo can kick in. Typically this happens in the summer months because I’m pretty much allergic to nature and those allergies trigger my vertigo. 

Anyway! I was thinking of try it again for my anxiety. I can deal with vertigo. 

Do you take any CBD oil and, if so, what brand? There are so many options out there that I don’t know how to choose the right fit!

tammy replied 9 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • steff

July 4, 2023 at 6:09 pm

Ae you in Canada? I do use cbd oil for pain.

• alyssa-silva

July 5, 2023 at 10:03 am

Hi Steff. I’m in the US. Does your pain level lessen when taking CBD?

• blake-watson

July 5, 2023 at 11:12 pm

I tried it, but it didn’t do anything for me. Interested in trying it again. Also my state recently approved medical marijuana. But I haven’t worked up than nerve to ask my doctors about it yet lol.

I experience leg pain daily but mostly have it under control with non-narcotic pain meds.

• alyssa-silva

July 6, 2023 at 6:59 pm

You should totally ask! I’ve heard good things. I got high once taking a prescribed medication and absolutely hated the feeling lol. So I don’t think I’m ready to try it again.

• blake-watson

July 6, 2023 at 9:21 pm

Haha, that’s understandable. All I’ll say is I know that it helps me… it’s just a matter of finding out if my doctors would agree. 😅

• tammy

July 24, 2023 at 7:04 pm

I’ve tried it and it does definitely help me sleep. But I stopped buying it just because it’s so crazy expensive. And I had a medical marijuana card a while ago but ended up never using it because I didn’t like the shop nearby. Poor selection. But now my state has made all marijuana legal, medical and recreational so you can go into any dispensary without a medical card and buy whatever you want lol. If anyone wants any recommendations on really good high quality CBD oils and capsules, I highly recommend Charlotte’s Web. And as most websites do, they offer free shipping if you spend a certain amount. They also have a lot of good sales if you sign up for their emails