SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Does your body shift with the seasons?

• Does your body shift with the seasons?

Posted by alyssa-silva on March 29, 2023 at 11:41 am

Show of hands if you’re so excited spring is finally here. Ok, that might be a little difficult to do here, especially if you’re like me and can’t physically raise your hand.

My excitement to put winter behind me is palpable. But if I’m being honest with myself it’s never truly spring in New England until late April. That’s ok though. I’m excited either way. 

My body just doesn’t do well in winter, but I always feel a little more revitalized come spring. 

Does your body shift with the seasons too? Do you feel like everything works and moves better in the spring and even summer?

deann-r replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • deann-r

March 29, 2023 at 8:44 pm

Can’t wait to shed a layer of clothing! Unfortunately we still have tons of snow on the ground so it’ll be a while. Getting tired of twisted sleeves and bundling up. Are you less active during the winter? Sometimes when spring comes I’ve been in hibernation so long it’s tough to get back into the swing of things.