• Sponsored Post

Planes, Trains, & Accessible Travel With SMA

Talk to your doctor to determine if you or your child is fit to travel.

Traveling with a child is never easy. Traveling with a child in a wheelchair is an extra challenge. The first time Leah flew on an airplane, she was six months old, almost a year before she was diagnosed. We have always been a traveling family and once she was diagnosed, we were both hopeful and determined that it wouldn’t hold us back.

I have always flown with Leah by myself, just the two of us. Call me crazy; it’s OK, I am. There are some things we have learned that have made it so much easier for us.

• This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin Schaefer 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author
       DeAnn R 
      Keymaster

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Check out the latest episode of “Dose of DeAnn” here. This one is slightly different from my usual videos, as I do a book review here. For anyone who has followed SMA News Today for a while, you know that we’re pretty big fans of author and nonprofit executive Shane Burcaw. His latest book, titled “Strangers Assume my Girlfriend is my Nurse,” came out recently, and I had a chance to check it out.

I talk about some of the stories that stuck out to me, and I discuss my biggest takeaways from this book. This memoir explores Shane’s relationship with his now fiancé Hannah Aylward, and it offers some great insight into inter-abled relationships.

Have you read this book yet? If so, I’d love to hear your thoughts as well. We have a book club discussion going on here in the forums, and I’d love for you to join. Thanks for watching!

Kevin Schaefer 
      Keymaster

Great video! While I still prefer physical books, digital versions do make things significantly easier. I like reading on my phone when I’m in the car or waiting for doctor appointments, and I read a lot on my computer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.