This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Yvette Haas.

• Author
      Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

I finally met with a neurologist who’s familiar with SMA! They’re going to submit the forms to insurance re: Evrysdi (risdiplam) and get back to me. I’m so happy!

Has anyone been denied by insurance so far?

Greg Sealey
      Participant

My experience is that Insurance typically denies coverage initially. Your doctor then appeals.  Insurance usually then approves.

Even with approval, your out-of-pocket/copay may still be astronomical.  No worries though, Genentech can connect you with copay assistance providers, if needed.  This may bring your actual copay to $0, or nearly $0.

Get to know your PAL at Genentech. They will be a tremendous help in this somewhat scary process.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

I received a letter saying it’s approved for me.  No denial.  I was on Spinraza, so don’t know if that makes a difference.  Glad to hear you’re making progress!

Yvette Haas
      Participant

I was approved by Medicare within about ten days. If it makes any difference, I was not on Spinraza previously.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.