SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Favorite PC/Windows Apps?

• dennis-turner

October 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm

Switch to Linux!

But seriously, that OS is not very gaming friendly.

I will be watching this to see what others suggest.

• blake-watson

October 18, 2021 at 8:57 am

Ok, this is a bit of self-promotion but Brianna did mention extensions so I’ll let the moderators decide. 🙂

I created a browser extension called A Fine Start. It’s a new tab page for web browsers. It is designed to be a minimal presentation of your favorite links, which can be sorted into groups and columns. There’s a Chrome extension (which also works in Edge and Brave) and a Firefox Addon.

It’s a free extension but there’s an optional Premium subscription that lets you sync your links between browsers and devices. If you have any questions just email me.

https://afinestart.me/free-extension

Backstory

I originally made this extension as an assistive technology tool for myself. I hate typing on the onscreen keyboard so this tool helps by giving me a nice list of clickable links on every new tab—all the sites I frequently visit. It makes web browsing easier, reduces the need to type, and serves as a digital bookmarking tool.

I realized non-disabled people might also like it so I turned it into its own product/service. It’s my main side hustle and it’s my dream that this service (or some other one that I create in the future) can be my full-time job. 🙂

• blake-watson

October 18, 2021 at 11:23 am

I just want to make it clear that I’m not trying to sell anything to you guys… no one here needs to pay me for anything. If my extension helps you I’ll let anyone with SMA have Premium for free. Just let me know.