SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Flu Vaccine – Yes, No or On the Fence?

Tagged: ,

• Flu Vaccine – Yes, No or On the Fence?

Posted by deann-r on October 9, 2018 at 10:17 am

Flu season is coming!  I’ve gotten the flu vaccine ever since I can recall.  For me I’ve never had a bad reaction and it gives me a little peace of mind that I have a little more protection.  I know many who refuse to get the vaccine for various reasons.  Where do you stand on the issue?

kelly-miller replied 5 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

October 9, 2018 at 12:01 pm

I get my flu shot every year. I got mine the other day after my pulmonologist appointment. Like you, I’d rather be on the safe side. Though I have had other illnesses, I only got the flu once or twice when I was a kid. I have no objections to the vaccine.

• ryan-berhar-2

October 9, 2018 at 8:30 pm

I get it every year as well. Got mine last Thursday.

• chantell-venter

October 11, 2018 at 10:17 am

I have also had the flu vaccine for the past 3 years. The first time I had the flu vaccine I also had a pneumonia vaccine which lasts for 5 years. This combination was recommended by my doctor and it seems to work for me.

• adnan-hafizovic

October 11, 2018 at 10:52 am

I never got flu vaccine,I protect myself with fruits:kiwi,orange,lemon and with sauerkraut and other sauer salad:cucumber,paprika.I also use multivitamins pills and Royal jelly,. is a milky secretion produced by worker honey bees.And in past few winters i hadn t cold or flu.I know that a lot of people with SMA has problem with swallowing and their option is vaccine of course.

• kelly-miller

October 11, 2018 at 3:01 pm

I’ve gotten the flu shot every year for as long as they’ve had it available. I’ve never experienced the flu, but I’m afraid this year I may already have it. I had my shot several weeks ago, and I had no reaction to it whatsoever. Since I’ve gotten home this past Saturday from our week long cruise, I’ve felt run down, low feverish, & achy. Most of my friends here in town are experiencing something very similar. My fever to go to 101 the other day but came down with Motrin right away. I’m hoping that if this is the flu, my shot will have made it a slight version.