• Formula Shortages

Posted by alyssa-silva on March 21, 2022 at 11:58 am

I’m new to the formula world with this NJ tube I now have, and quite honestly… it has been stressful. From my original formula getting recalled (elecare) while I was in the hospital to switching to different formulas based on whatever is available, getting formula hasn’t been easy. Just this past week, my next order of formula (Neocate Splash) was canceled 3 times before they finally admitted they can’t find any. What the heck? I only have 3 days of formula left.

Have you run into this issue before? Maybe the shortage is affecting you now too? I’m being told that it’s due to the elecare recall but I don’t know. With all my GI issues, I’d hate to switch AGAIN, but it’s looking like I don’t have a choice.

alyssa-silva replied 1 year, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • deann-r

March 22, 2022 at 9:15 am

Sorry to hear that. I have the opposite problem. Even though I have an abundance of formula, I can’t have them ship less because then insurance won’t cover it. Skipping isn’t really an option either because I need the other supplies that come with it. Too bad we use different brands, I’d send some your way.

Would there be any Facebook groups you could post in? Maybe someone else would have an abundance they’d be willing to share.

• deann-r

May 16, 2022 at 10:40 am

Hey, how’s it going with the whole formula fiasco? I’m guessing it hasn’t gotten easier with the whole infant formula shortage we keep hearing about.

• alyssa-silva

May 16, 2022 at 9:23 pm

Your guess is correct. It has been such a fiasco. My latest shipment came from Hawaii. Glad it came in but what I get, when I get it, is such a gamble every time. Talk about stressful. I’m surprised more people in this group aren’t experiencing the same problem.