Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

It’s not ideal being only 10 degrees outside. Nevertheless I braved the elements to get my second dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine today. With the first shot all I noticed was a sore arm for a couple days. Too soon to tell any side effects for dose 2. None so far. I’ll keep you posted. Being fully vaccinated is nice. Will I be dining in restaurants or bar hopping anytime soon? Not a chance, but at least I have some piece of mind I have a little added protection against a virus that really has changed life as we know it. Have you gotten a vaccine? For those of you seeking one keep pushing. Look into loopholes. Be patient. Now if I could convince my caregivers to get one.

Zicari
      Participant

sweet! still waiting for my turn :/

Dennis Turner
      Participant

I am waiting mine as well. I have heard it may be the end of the month that I get the first.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

DeAnn, are your caregivers against getting vaccinated? Or just not eligible? Believe it or not, my caregivers got their first doses and were eligible before me. I’m still not qualified in Rhode Island.

Ari Anderson
      Participant

Deann, how did you manage to get vaccinated? It’s ridiculous that in my state I’m in group 4 when I have a trach and vent.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Ari, it was totally through a loophole. I work part time for an eye clinic so qualified as a healthcare worker. That’s why I say to look for loopholes. If you don’t qualify because of SMA maybe there’s another criteria you would fit into or another site that has different criteria.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account