• Fully Vaccinated

Posted by deann-r on February 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm

It’s not ideal being only 10 degrees outside. Nevertheless I braved the elements to get my second dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine today. With the first shot all I noticed was a sore arm for a couple days. Too soon to tell any side effects for dose 2. None so far. I’ll keep you posted. Being fully vaccinated is nice. Will I be dining in restaurants or bar hopping anytime soon? Not a chance, but at least I have some piece of mind I have a little added protection against a virus that really has changed life as we know it. Have you gotten a vaccine? For those of you seeking one keep pushing. Look into loopholes. Be patient. Now if I could convince my caregivers to get one.

deann-r replied 3 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • zicari

February 4, 2021 at 4:04 pm

sweet! still waiting for my turn :/

• dennis-turner

February 4, 2021 at 5:37 pm

I am waiting mine as well. I have heard it may be the end of the month that I get the first.

• alyssa-silva

February 4, 2021 at 5:50 pm

DeAnn, are your caregivers against getting vaccinated? Or just not eligible? Believe it or not, my caregivers got their first doses and were eligible before me. I’m still not qualified in Rhode Island.

• ari-anderson

February 4, 2021 at 6:30 pm

Deann, how did you manage to get vaccinated? It’s ridiculous that in my state I’m in group 4 when I have a trach and vent.

• deann-r

February 5, 2021 at 10:17 am

Ari, it was totally through a loophole. I work part time for an eye clinic so qualified as a healthcare worker. That’s why I say to look for loopholes. If you don’t qualify because of SMA maybe there’s another criteria you would fit into or another site that has different criteria.