Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

It’s been a long, drawn-out fight, but I’ve decided to give up on JACO for the time being. I wasn’t getting anywhere with insurance, and I feel like, even if I was successful, technology is changing so fast that the robotic arm — as cool as it is — will probably be obsolete soon.

Do any of you know any alternatives to JACO?

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

First I have to say I completely get where you’re coming from. After two lengthy appeals and a scheduled telephone hearing with a DHS judge he informed me that the approval had come through the day prior. Good news, but frustrating nonetheless. At least I didn’t have to have the hearing, but I was prepared for it. If it’s something you want keep after it, but I totally understand if the process is getting to be too much.

If you do decide to look at other options might I suggest talking to Dr. Karachunski he might put you in touch with Molly. Do you get evaluated by physical therapist Molly Stark? Sometime this year (not sure when) they’re doing a study with this product https://www.abilitechmedical.com/ Depending on your arm function it might be an option. Maybe you could even get in on the study.

Tammy
      Participant

I had a consultation with the Jaco but the guy was not able to put it on my current chair so unfortunately right now I can’t even try for it. I was told it was compatible with all the chairs LOL but apparently not one that is as old as mine. The one thing I have to say that I don’t like about it is that there is no warranty. I asked the rep about that and he said no warranty or replacement if it stops working. So if it breaks that’s it and it’s garbage. After all that fight and all that money.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account