This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by Brianna Albers.

• Author
      Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

If you keep up with my column, you’ll know I’ve gained some weight. After consulting with my nutritionist, I decided to drop down to one formula box — as opposed to two — per night to reduce my caloric intake. It didn’t seem to help, which was concerning, because I’ve been struggling a lot with fatigue due to the weight I’ve put on.

Then I discovered matcha, an alternative to green tea that has less caffeine than coffee and gives you a longer energy boost. I usually have a V-8 Fusion and a smoothie running through my G-tube during the day to give me some extra energy. I decided to swap out my smoothie with matcha, which has been working great so far! It’s cheaper, healthier, and seems to be keeping up with my fatigue. Less calories, too!

Have you tried matcha?

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Hey! Yes, I alternate between coffee and matcha. Typically when I’m having a bad day with my stomach I’ll drink it because it’s easier to handle GI wise. I don’t love the flavor though and don’t have a G-tube. So, I came up with a little concoction that, in my opinion, is DELICIOUS.

I make iced matcha, add about half a cup of sprite, and then add mint leaves to it. It’s super refreshing. If you can take food and drink by mouth I highly recommend it!

Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

Omg that sounds delicious! I don’t take liquids by mouth anymore but I wish I did!

Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

Omg that sounds delicious! I don’t take liquids by mouth anymore but I wish I did!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.