SMA News Forums Forums Life Advice and Transitions College Students Help me figure out how to celebrate graduating?

• Help me figure out how to celebrate graduating?

Posted by brianna-albers on March 27, 2020 at 7:00 am

So, after literal years of school, I’m weeks away from graduating with my M.A. I’m so relieved and excited to be done, but also bummed that it ended up being during quarantine. I’m not all that social, to begin with, but I was looking forward to celebrating!

Since I’m stuck at home for who knows how long with my boomer parents, I thought I’d crowdsource and see if you guys have any ideas for social distance celebrating. I technically won’t be done for a few weeks, but I was an overachiever and worked ahead, and now I pretty much have nothing to do for the next little while (not that I’m complaining). Any ideas?

brianna-albers replied 3 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • halsey-blocher

March 27, 2020 at 9:00 pm

Brianna, what a bummer that you can’t really celebrate! My brother is in a similar situation. He’s graduating high school and there is talk of the entire ceremony being cancelled. I wish I had some ideas for you. I guess you could always bake a cake to share with your parents? It’s not fancy, but you really can’t go wrong with cake.

• brianna-albers

March 30, 2020 at 1:54 pm

Ooh, great idea!

• lisa

June 8, 2020 at 5:38 am

ooooo Congratulations! Sounds like a great moment in your life!

i am sure you are going to enjoy it by marking it in a special manner in your unique way.

• rocco

January 22, 2021 at 9:46 am

I personally don’t graduate this year, but next year. Most people I know are graduating this year and all I see on facebook is photos of wild parties and it looks really fun and a great chance to celebrate graduation. I feel really sad about this because I don’t know what to do when I graduate. I don’t know anyone at uni because I commute from ages away. I working hard on my degree, currently work at my essay together with the guys from https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/domywriting/ . I feel it will be a case of seeing my degree results, and that is that. I might want to go wild and celebrate but I’ll have no opportunity to do it, and it is really depressing me. I don’t want to not have the chance to celebrate. Instead of people telling me ways to make friends (I’ve heard it all before, societies, local groups, etc.), I want to know how I can celebrate my graduation next year on my own and still have fun.

• brianna-albers

January 27, 2021 at 1:55 pm

Ugh, I’m so sorry to hear that! I honestly didn’t do much in terms of celebration – I’m pretty sure all I did was order a pie from one of my favorite restaurants ???? Is there a dessert you could make, or a movie you could watch with loved ones?