This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Brianna Albers.

• Author
      Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

So, after literal years of school, I’m weeks away from graduating with my M.A. I’m so relieved and excited to be done, but also bummed that it ended up being during quarantine. I’m not all that social, to begin with, but I was looking forward to celebrating!

Since I’m stuck at home for who knows how long with my boomer parents, I thought I’d crowdsource and see if you guys have any ideas for social distance celebrating. I technically won’t be done for a few weeks, but I was an overachiever and worked ahead, and now I pretty much have nothing to do for the next little while (not that I’m complaining). Any ideas?

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

Brianna, what a bummer that you can’t really celebrate! My brother is in a similar situation. He’s graduating high school and there is talk of the entire ceremony being cancelled. I wish I had some ideas for you. I guess you could always bake a cake to share with your parents? It’s not fancy, but you really can’t go wrong with cake.

Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

Ooh, great idea!

Lisa
      Participant

ooooo Congratulations! Sounds like a great moment in your life!

i am sure you are going to enjoy it by marking it in a special manner in your unique way.

rocco
      Participant

I personally don’t graduate this year, but next year. Most people I know are graduating this year and all I see on facebook is photos of wild parties and it looks really fun and a great chance to celebrate graduation. I feel really sad about this because I don’t know what to do when I graduate. I don’t know anyone at uni because I commute from ages away. I working hard on my degree, currently work at my essay together with the guys from https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/domywriting/ . I feel it will be a case of seeing my degree results, and that is that. I might want to go wild and celebrate but I’ll have no opportunity to do it, and it is really depressing me. I don’t want to not have the chance to celebrate. Instead of people telling me ways to make friends (I’ve heard it all before, societies, local groups, etc.), I want to know how I can celebrate my graduation next year on my own and still have fun.

Brianna Albers
        Keymaster

Ugh, I’m so sorry to hear that! I honestly didn’t do much in terms of celebration – I’m pretty sure all I did was order a pie from one of my favorite restaurants 😂 Is there a dessert you could make, or a movie you could watch with loved ones?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.